Thursday, March 08, 2007

DRESS TO IMPRESS



DRESS TO IMPRESS


My college life have been treating me well even though I’m not so use to the casual wear and attending classes at weird hours like classes being in the morning then at night! Its so odd. Everyone in college dresses to impress, I must admit I do that too. I try not to but I somehow end up dressing up!

Its like as if there’s fashion police around, if you don’t dress they will arrest you. I try to wear as casual as possible, a bit of nice-ness here and there, with my “don’t-care-whether-I-look-good attitude” and I walk to school. On my way, I will start thinking what if I see a Hot guy and he judges me by how I look or what if he doesn’t notice me because I am wearing like this.

Its like a fashion riot here, everyone is judge by how they wear their clothes. “Oh this girl is wearing jeans and tee shirt she must be gay, oh that girl is wearing so nice she must be here to impress someone or to hook up”. They even judge girls by what kind of bag they carry. Its not that you want to judge but they are THERE for you to judge. You try to look away, but they are THERE. Everyone is THERE! JUST THERE.

In high school, everyone wears uniform, so no one judges no one because we all look the same. In college, it’s a whole different story. Like this morning, I wanted to wear sports wear, I was so READY to wear sports wear and then I thought, maybe I should wear something different, something girl-ier maybe. SO I changed. But THANK GOD I’m not the type that changes a few times and settle in with one and also I’m not the make-up type. Few friends of mine wear make up before they leave their hostel to go for class. I’m like thinking, “IS IT NECCESARY?”

Here, guys are everywhere and they’re all very friendly and they all look new because you have never met any of them before. So it’s a good change, new change! You meet people from different countries, different cultures and different styles of dressing up! I also find myself hanging out with people whom I will totally ignore if I were to meet them in high school. Its different, ITS SO DIFFERENT! Well, I do hang out with people whom I will HANG with in high school.

THIS IS THE LIFE OF THE GIRL WHO JUST ENTERS COLLEGE. Up to now, its great but will this “great-ness” last? Will it be great forever with all these dressing up and stuff, or maybe during exam week girls will be in school without make-up or guys will be in school with gel-ess hair? That’s when people don’t DRESS TO IMPRESS that’s when all they care about is passing the semester and moving on to the next. I dress simple, I’ll dress simple for this semester!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home