Thursday, October 19, 2006

Sistehood

Something interesting i read..

Of all the many relationships that are part of a woman’s life, the bond between sisters is unique. Sisterhood is stretching, bending, whether nearby or from a distance, but very rarely breaking. The ties that bind sisters together seem to be plagued by less rational knots than mothers and daughters. Sisters can be girlfriends, listening ears, best friends, shopping collaborates, just plain buddies, confidantes, rivals and much much more.

Research shows that older women who have strong sister relationships are less likely to become depressed than the women who do not have sister. One of these studies uncovered the fact that many women felt the world was a safer place because their sisters would be there in times of crisis. Sisters, whatever you may say or think, function as one of the best support systems / safety-nets in a word churned by the chaos of change all around us. Just the fact that a sister will be there is great comfort.

Now take brothers, they share the same biological links with each other but they are so different. Brothers don’t seem to have that same kind of emotional glue holding them together as sisters. Sisters are so different from brothers, they share something very intimate… a sharing of a soul, something that brothers are not usually open enough to obtain.

The memories for sisters are better than brothers… sharing bathtubs together, goodnight kisses and snuggles, watching each other’s body grow, who had the first period, the one who never gains weight, who is aging faster, who has more wrinkles and so on. The memories extend beyond the same roof to social mile stones… always boyfriends, competition, clothes wars, shopping sprees, dance lessons, cheerleading and family picnics. Then there are the emotional memories… advice whispered, loyalty that cannot be broken, phone calls that are endless in length, going to church together, being daddy’s little girl, who is getting the most attention, who might be Mom’s favourite and always, who is rejected.

Sisterhood is the interweaving of life’s lessons that are funny, happy, angry and hurtful and such memories build the foundation on which the very special, unique and wonderful relationships of sisterhood rests and is built.

“Got it from the school magazine”

P.S- I don’t have a sister, but I really wish I do…..


SISTERHOOD???
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Abby: someone I think about calling whenever it’s a rough day but I end up NOT calling instead I call her when I am bored just to ask “what she’s doing” and then talk nonsense after that.

Lorene: someone I sit down and talk about my life with.
(FYI- life is freaking boring now)

Bex: Its just happy hours with her.

Cait: She’s my inspiration.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Sarah: someone I tell ABSOLUTE everything to. When I say ABSOLUTE I mean ABSOLUTE… Who I liked, who I like and who I think I like…
(FYI currently no one and that’s the truth)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Tracy: I tell her stuff like how’s my day or how’s my life… how's everything? hehe
also someone i call at random hours when i am BORED!!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Daph: The person I first of call whenever it’s a rough day, and at random hours. And just throw out ALL my feelings to her. (I guess this is really what I need as I have no one to talk to at home)
P.s-Daph, next time i'll call you at midnight!

So is this sisterhood? Well, I don’t know!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home